Monday, May 17

Bad Dreams and Good Weather

"Hello my sweet daughter,

Those dreams you are having are really just frustration dreams, my dear. They are all about situations you are in that you can do nothing about and wish you could. So you don't need an analyst, just sit down with your brain and say, "brain, what am I frustrated about?" and brain will probably answer you. But I'm betting you already know what it is.

I know what you are saying about animals, my dear, I feel the same way. Only I choose to keep a distance so as not to be hurt when they die. I had a couple of really bad experiences with a kitty and a puppy. They were like my kids and to lose them so suddenly was unbearable. But I think perhaps the choice you've made is the better one. To love what you have while you have it and move on, because everything and everyone dies sometime. But you know how I feel.

As for the weather, wow, I am glad it is nice there. It sucks here. I just had to go over to get the keys for Nataliya's apt and it was hailing and raining so hard I got soaked to the bone. Not a good idea when you're sick, but sometimes you just have to do what you have to do. Anyway, while I was out it stopped pouring and settled into a slow drizzle and so I decided to get some more juice and water from the store. It’s not far, probably about as far as Dairy Mart on River Rd., but it is up and down hill. I get out of breath and have to stop. The cops always look at me funny when I do this. Don’t know why, but they get over it. I ‘m sure the cop I asked directions from on the first day thought I was drunk or something the way he looked at me, but I was just weak, sleepy and hungry, which made me dizzy and unstable. But I got my food and am fine except for this miserable cold.

You are right, I think, about the being here for a purpose thingy. I think there is probably no purpose to anything, just random happenings, so I have concluded that the only reason we are here is to make each other happy. Love whom you can when you can, and treat all with respect cuz they are in the same boat. Without love, both man and animals would be doomed to a miserable existence here, I think.

I’m sorry, Steph, I am not so cheery right now, because everything is not right. I want to see my friend really bad, but I am sick and will not be able to enjoy it. I want the weather to be nice so we can go out and walk about, but it has rained hard for two days now...I mean hard. When I went out to her apt, the hailstones were filling up the streets and the road became a river about six inches deep. I got my pants wet up to my shins. The hailstones were abut as big as nickels or dimes only a lot thicker. They hurt when they hit you. This is not fun. I’d rather be sitting watching this in our living room with you guys.

Right now the cleaning lady is here trying to fix the hot water heater and the stove. Neither work. So I’ve been taking cold showers and drinking pop. I miss my coffee mocha, but you have to be able to heat water for that. Bummer. Hopefully when I see her tomorrow it will have been worth it all. I wish you were here with me, it would help a lot!

Well I just walked to the store three times. It stopped raining and so I went for it, but each time forgot something I needed due to my sleepy brain. Found a closer, cute little market right down the block but in the opposite direction of how I usually go. I got some apples and oranges to help my cold. Hopefully.

It was so funny, because there was no traffic moving on the street at all. As I walked downtown I noticed a whole lot of people standing and looking at something. I thought the worst, of course and was not sure I wanted to continue, but did , cuz I was out of juice. When I got there, some guy had parked his car in the roadway and gone into the bank. A big long bus could not get around the corner as he was blocked by the illegally parked car. The police were trying to break into the car to move it and the people were yelling at them that they had no right to do this, meanwhile the traffic is stopped dead for miles and they just continue arguing. I went to the store and came back and they were still there. I walked home and back again and they were still there, only there were more cops now. All arguing. The third time I went the traffic was moving, but slowly and the cops were writing reports while the bus and the car sat on the sidewalk waiting. I guess they both got into trouble for this. I mean the bus driver was dumb to pull ahead like he did. Why couldn’t he have waited a few minutes or got a cop to get the car moved instead of pulling out into traffic and blocking everything. There were lots of people taking pictures and even a news crew was there. All over an illegally parked car. Unbelievable.

So that’s it. That’s all my stories for today. Oh, I put milk, juice, coffee and a cake in Natasha’s apartment so we won’t have to go out in the morning when they arrive. We can have a sweet breakfast before we do any serious grocery shopping.

I hope you and PJ are having fun. I miss you a lot. Wish you could be here. Or I there with Natalia, of course. But such is life. You simply do what you can and try harder next time.

Love you, love you, love you! Smack Muffin for me and give her some treats so she can spin around and sit up, etc. Hope to hear from you again soon. No more bad dreams, okay?

All my love, your daddy"


No comments: